PlayStation 4 or PS4 is a well-known video game console that is designed and created by Sony Entertainment. It is the upgraded version of the PS3 that was released 2 years ago. This device features remote play, USB compatibility and many more. Knowing how to record gameplay on PS4 is essential, for it allows the users to capture their favorite gameplay, share a new technique, trick, or gameplay achievements with your friends. However, many of us do not have an idea on how this recording works. Below is a brief guide on how to perform PS4 recording, you can check it after the jump.
The most common way to record Playstation 4 gameplay is by using HDMI cable and capture card. This method allows you to project gameplay to a computer screen, thus you can use a computer tool to record the screen. In recording the projected PS4 screen, the easiest way is by using a handy but reliable tool called Apowersoft Screen Recorder Pro. It enables you to record any screen activity in various video formats including MP4, MKV, WMV and others. The good thing about this method is that you can make some annotations with the editing options provided while recording gameplay.
Here are the steps to on how to record on PS4 with this method:
- Connect the PS4, HDMI, and capture card to the computer.
- Then turn on your PlayStation 4, and you will see the PS4 screen projected on your computer monitor.
- After that, you can download this screen recorder from the button above and install it.
- Once this recorder is launched, simply go to “Tools”, then “Options”, and make some necessary settings like hotkey, output folder, video format, etc.
- To record the screen, just choose a recording mode such as “Region”, then drag the cross-hair along the portion to capture, release the mouse and click “Ok”. The recording will then start instantly.
- To end the recording just click the “Stop” button and the recorded video will be included on the tool’s media library.
Furthermore, after you record PS4 gameplay, you can also share it directly on YouTube and FTP using the tool’s uploading function. Just click “Upload” button and fill the information needed such as title and description, and then post it.
In an event that you may want to take a screenshot of the gameplay on PS4, you can also make use of this program. To do this trick, just go to “Options” to set your desired shortcut for screenshot, then drop down “Screenshot” menu and choose whether to include mouse cursor in screenshot or not. Once these settings are done, you can back to your game and press the hotkey (Ctrl+Q by default) you set to start capturing. Then cross-hair will appear in your game, you can click the mouse and drag to the region you want to capture, then release it. After that, you can annotate the captured image or directly save it to local disk.
Tips: This program also has a web-based version which can record screen activity as well. To use it, you can directly go to the webpage of its web-based version and click “Start Recording” to launch it.
If you are not a fan of HDMI cable and capture card, then you can record PS4 gameplay by using the device’s built-in gameplay recording function. It does not require you to do the recording task on PC. This method is easier because you don’t need to use any additional devices and cables to record the screen. And anyone can do it by simply tapping a button on the game controller. Below are the steps in using this method.
- Turn on your PS4 and open the gameplay that you need to record.
- After that, play until you reach the particular scene or achievement that you want to record.
- To start the recording, simply press the “Share” button twice, and an animation will appear on the left upper portion of the screen that confirms that it has started.
- To stop the recording, long press on the “Share” button and the recording will stop automatically.
- And if you want to save the file, choose “Save Video Clip”, which is represented by a square on the game controller (Be sure to have a USB stick where you can save the video after recording).
Aside from saving the recorded file, PS4 also enables you to upload and sharing captured gameplay instantly. After recording, a page will appear along with the options of “Upload Video Clip” or “Share Play”. Now you can share your recorded gameplay on Facebook or YouTube.
Those are the ways that will help you in recording gameplay on PS4. If you want to record instantly then you can use the PS4’s default recording function. While if you need more functions aside from recording, then you can utilize the HDMI method to get access to many computer functions like screen recording, screen capture, video uploading, and many more.